You were my friend when I was alone
You were my prayer when I had none
You were my hope in a world void of light
You were a song in the night...

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Legend of Darmoor

This poem is from my second novel, the Legend of Darmoor. It's a fairy song, and also a promise of retribution to the man who took the MC's throne. You can read the whole story here: http://katielynndaniels.com/page/darmoor

***

A prince from the castle of Darmoor
Against an enemy king
Waged a dark and bloody war.

His men were brave, his captains bold,
His sword was strong and keen
The end of the battle would soon be seen.

But the enemy king dealt him a cruel blow
That took his heart’s life-blood
And he fell in despair, the Prince of Darmoor

He knew as he lay in the blood and the gore
That he lay on the brink of death
And he spoke a dark curse with his last breath.

Coola, coola, coolain
Sulia, sulia, Taine.

The man who takes the throne of Darmoor
From the hands of the rightful king
Shall fall under the curse that now I sing

Coola, coola, coolain
Sulia, sulia, Taine

Then he sighed and breathed his last
The Prince of Darmoor died.
But his desperate curse still holds fast

The fairies of Darmoor still hold dear
The promise of the curse
That will keep their king safe- forever.

Coola, coola, coolain.
Sulia, sulia, Taine.

No comments:

Post a Comment