You were my friend when I was alone
You were my prayer when I had none
You were my hope in a world void of light
You were a song in the night...

Friday, October 15, 2010

Love's Vigil

Last week I was introduced to a new writing form. The Drabble. A drabble is a one hundred word story. It's that simple. I finally sat down a wrote a drabble, and became addicted to the form. It's not fiction, it's pure, unadulterated poetry. When you only have 100 words to convey something every word is precisely placed and chosen. Every word is perfect. I love it. And so I present you with a drabble.



Darkness. Heartache. The moon shines in through my window. Stars shine. Wind sings. I curl up into a tiny ball around my pillow and cry. For you. I lift my tear stained face to the unanswering sky. The night is still. I pray. For you. You do not know you are being tested. You do not know how much I care. A wayward breeze ruffles the white curtains around my window. The moon begins to set. I do not sleep. Morning will come and you will not know of my night long vigil.

You will not know I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I have got to try out this writing-style, it sounds amazing, or at least this one is.

    ReplyDelete