You were my friend when I was alone
You were my prayer when I had none
You were my hope in a world void of light
You were a song in the night...

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Nettle-Spinner

When the Shades of night are gone
When you rise and see the morn
Then you know the time has come
For you to go away

We will not fear when you are gone
For we know that you've gone home
You have gone to meet the sun
And we must let you go

When the moon's bright course is done
When the morning's fight is won
Then you know your race is run
And you must go away

We will miss you when you're gone
But we know your journey's done
You've gone to claim a victors crown
In a land that's far away.

We woke and saw the night was gone
We woke and saw a bright new morn
Then we knew that you'd gone home
When the shades of night are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment