You were my friend when I was alone
You were my prayer when I had none
You were my hope in a world void of light
You were a song in the night...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Silent Night

Silent night
A child’s voice
Cuts through the stillness.

I lift my head
And listen
In wonder

The tears dry on my face
The wind plays with my hair.
The stars shine cold and merciless.

The voice stops.
I shiver in the silence.
For a moment I forgot,
Who I am and what I’ve done.

Then I remember.
And I weep again.

The wind is gentle,
But it cannot speak the words I need to hear.

The stars are silent witnesses,
Stern judges.

They condemn me.
There is no mercy for one such as I.

The voice sings again.

Forgiveness.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This reminds me kind of of a poem I wrote on my blog, but yours does it better I think.

    ReplyDelete